Northern Rockies Regional Municipality

2018 Election: Non-Resident Property Electors Information

Did you know that if you live outside of the Northern Rockies, you may still be able vote in the 2018 election if you own property in the NRRM? 

In order to qualify as a "non-resident property elector" you must be:

  • 18 years of age or older on or before general voting day;
  • Canadian citizen;
  • Resident of BC for at least 6 months immediately before general election day;
  • Registered owner of "real property" (real property being land with or without improvements) in the jurisdiction for at least 30 days immediately before general election day;
  • Must not be eligible to register as a resident elector in the jurisdiction;
  • Must only register in relation to one piece of property; and
  • If more than one person owns the property, only one owner may register and that person must have the written consent of a majority of the other owners.  This consent must be provided through in this consent form [PDF - 27 KB]

Please note that there is no corporate vote in British Columbia. The only persons who are considered registered owners of the real property, either as joint tenants or tenants in common, for the purposes of voting are individuals who are not holding the property in trust for a corporation or another trust.

You can vote as a non-resident property elector either at one of the in-person voting opportunities or via a mail-ballot.

If you have any questions about voting as a non-resident property elector, please do not hesitate to contact the chief, or deputy chief election officer at 250-774-2541 or

Meta Navigation

Home | Latest News | Contact Us | Sitemap

April 20 mostly-cloudy 9.3°C