May 15, 2010
What is the Spring Fling?
It is when Fort Nelson hauls away your large items free of charge, it
gives residents a chance to clean and get rid of large items such as old
fridges, washer/dryers, kitchen cabinets, stoves etc... and at the same
time the Solid Waste Landfill Transfer Station is open to residents
free of charge for that week.
Free Landfill - May 15th to 24th
All residents can drop off their domestic garbage including items such as old furniture and appliances, yard waste, and whatever items you may have to dispose of free of charge. **Restrictions listed below.
Free Curbside Pickup - May 17th to 21st
From Monday to Friday during the Spring Clean-up Week, the Public Works Crew makes themselves available to help those who don't have the means to dispose of larger items. If you are having difficulty getting your items to the landfill - haul them to your curb-side and contact Public Works to let them know what is there and your address for pick-up. This is a FREE SERVICE available only from May 17th to 21st. **Restrictions listed below.
Contact the NRRMs Public Works office
at (250) 774-2541 Ext. 2090 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
to book your pickup!
***Some restrictions apply, including, but not limited to:
- All restrictions and guidelines identified in the Landfill and Tipping Fees By-law
- Fridges and Freezers must be empty, have their doors open, and be reasonably clean
- Vehicles must have tires and rims removed, and be drained of all liquids
- The Municipality reserves the right to refuse service at its discretion
- All commercial/industrial vehicles are subject to regular tipping fees - contact Public Works should a commercial vehicle be required for residential / domestic purposes.