- Developed and endorsed by the Fort Nelson Spirit Community Committee
- It is a paved trail that runs along the north and east edges of the community from Millennium Park off of 42nd St and Lagoon Rd to Simpson Trail
- The trail is swept regularly in the summer and plowed in the winter
- There are benches and picnic tables provided along the trail at various points
- There are numerous access points along the trail:
- Lagoon Rd.
- Three points along Tamarack Crescent
- Airport Dr.
- Where the trail follows Airport Dr. along the Southridge Trailer Park to Boundary Rd.
- Gairdner Crescent
- The corner of Sunset Dr. and Mountainview Dr.
- Simpson Trail
- Where the trail follows Simpson Trail along Angus subdivision to Mountainview Dr.
- It is a series of trails in the forest off of the north west corner of town
- Access is at the end of Mountainview Dr.
- Three main trails off the trail head are groomed in the summer months for hiking and walking pets
- The rest of the trails are available during the winter for cross country skiing
- Off of the three main trails there are three outhouses
- At the trail head and around the pond area there is bench and picnic table seating
- For more information, please read the Demonstration Forest Trail Book.
Both the Community Trail and the Demonstration are non-motorized trails. This means that the use of ATVs, snowmobiles, quads, etc is prohibited on these trails. If would like to learn more about the motorized trails around Fort Nelson, please view this booklet.
Go to Top